page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LH 1012] Sub. Code: 4703
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper III – Nursing Foundation
Q.P. Code : 664703
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
I. Essays: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define health.
b) Explain the determinants of health.
c) Mention the emotional response of a patient to illness.
2. a) Define blood pressure, systolic pressure and diastolic pressure.
b) Explain the factors affecting the blood pressure.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Indications of nasogastric feeding.
2. Preliminary assessment before indwelling catheterization.
3. Types of biomedical waste and its hazards.
4. Complications of neglected mouth.
5. Discharge planning.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Rules of drug administration.
2. Define Antipyretics and Bronchodilators.
3. List four purposes of eye drop instillation.
4. Surgical asepsis.
6. Name four positions used for physical examination.
7. Mention four factors affecting normal urinary elimination.
8. Define bowel wash.
9. Nurses record.
10.Clinical signs of death.
* * * * * * *