page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LD 1012] Sub. Code: 4703
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper III – Nursing Foundation
Q.P. Code : 664703
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
I. Essays: (2x20=40)
1. a) Define Unconsciousness
b) List the common causes of Unconsciousness
c) Discuss the Nursing Care of Unconscious Patient
d) Write about the Care of Patient’s belongings.
2. a) Define infection
b) Explain the chain of infection
c) Explain nosocomial infection
d) Discuss the steps to control hospital infection
II. Write Short Notes on: (8x5=40)
1. Characteristics of a Profession
2. Health Promotion Model
3. Comfort Devices
4. Body Mechanics for Health Care Workers.
5. Physical Examination
6. Hot Application
7. Administration of oral medication
8. Intake output Chart.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10x2=20)
1. List four factors affecting blood pressure
2. Define Sterilization
3. Name four types of Fever.
4. Name four basic Nursing Principles
5. List four important points in Oxygen Administration
6. Name four commonly used solutions for Ear irrigation
7. Name four special records used in Hospital
8. Name four methods of Artifical Feeding
9. Define Barrier Nursing
10.Name four splints named after the Surgeon.
* * * * * * *