page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LI 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
PAPER I – Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code : 664731
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 75 Marks
Answer ALL questions
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define APH. Narrate the type of APH.
b) Discuss in detail the management of APH.
2. a) Define Antenatal care. Enlist the objectives of Antenatal care.
b) Discuss the screening and assessment of high risk mothers.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Physiology of menstrual cycle.
2. Physiology of second stage of labour.
3. Asphyxia neonatorum.
4. Cephalopelvic Disproportion.
5. Essential Newborn care.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Mention the four types of Breech presentation.
2. What are the methods of contraception?
3. What is TORCH?
4. What are the Birth injuries?
5. Nursing management for breast engorgement.
6. Write two psychiatric complications that occurs in post partum.
7. Define Episiotomy.
8. What is Kangaroo care?
9. What is fertilization?
10. Describe Homan’s sign.
* * * * * * *