page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LG 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I – Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code : 664731
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define Hyperemesis gravidarum. Enumerate the causes and diagnostic evaluation of Hypermesis gravidarum.
b) Discuss the management of Hyperemesis gravidarum.
2. a) Discuss the Physiology of first stage of labour.
b) Discuss the management of first stage of labour.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Rh incompatibility
2. Amniotic fluid embolism
3. Antenatal care
4. Maternal mortality rate
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Mention the Diameters of inlet of female pelvis
2. Write four pre-requisities of forceps
3. Name four postnatal complications
4. What is white leg?
5. Describe Chadwick’s sign and Osiander sign
6. What is the effect of GDM on foetus?
7. Causes of obstructed labour
8. Types of placenta
9. Write four non pharmacological methods of pain management during labour
10. Immunization schedule
* * * * * * *