page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LA 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I – Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code : 664731
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
Answer ALL questions.
I. Elaborate on: (2X15=30)
1. a) Define labor and describe the physiology of first stage of labor.
b) Discuss in detail on management of a mother in first stage of labor.
2. a) Define post partum haemorrhage and list down the types of Post partum haemorrhage.
b) Explain the causes of post partum haemorrhage and discuss the management of true post partum haemorrhage.
II. Write notes on : (5X 5 = 25)
1. Abruptio placenta.
3. Induction of labor.
4. Minor disorders during pregnancy.
III. Short Answers: (10X 2 = 20)
1. Name four types of pelvis.
2. Name four varieties of breech presentation.
3. Define precipitate labor.
4. Name any two tocolytic agents.
5. Name the four types of episiotomy.
6. Phlegmasia albadolens.
7. Stall worthy’s sign.
8. Name the parts of the fallopian tube.
9. Roll over test.
10. Name any two conditions where the maternal serum Alpha feto protein
level is elevated.
* * * * * * *