page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LJ 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I - Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code : 664731
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define Preeclampsia. Write the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, diagnosis and complications of Preeclampsia.
b) Write in detail about medical and nursing management of severe Preeclampsia.
2. a) What is second stage of Labour?
b) Write the physiological changes, signs and symptoms, management of second stage of Labour.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Amniotic fluid embolism.
2. Minor disorders of pregnancy.
3. Preterm labour.
4. Breast feeding.
5. Medical termination of pregnancy.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Glucose tolerance test (GTT).
2. Define HELLP syndrome.
3. Define induction of labour.
4. Write four complications of hydatidiform mole.
5. Write four complications of gestational Diabetes mellitus.
6. Write four direct causes of maternal mortality in India.
7. What is Rh immunization?
8. Write the causes of intrauterine growth restriction.
9. Write four obstetrical emergencies.
10.Write four complications of multiple pregnancy.
* * * * * * * * *