page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LH 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I – Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code: 664731
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 75 marks
Answer ALL questions
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define Gestational diabetes (GDM) and the diagnosis of GDM.
b) What are the complications of GDM and discuss the preventive management.
2. a) List the indications for caesarean section.
b) Explain pre and post operative management including Nursing care.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Minor disorders in pregnancy.
2. Obstetrical emergencies.
3. Fetal distress.
4. Rh incompatibility.
5. Mechanism of Breech presentation.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. List methods of induction of labour.
2. Write two functions of Amniotic fluid.
3. Define moulding.
4. Complications of face presentation.
5. Signs of placental separation.
6. What are the complications of Intrauterine Contraceptive Device?
7. Classify the types of abortion.
8. Define hydatidiform mole.
9. What is fetus papyraceous?
10. List the advantages of Ventouse over forceps.
* * * * * * *