page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LD 1025] Sub. Code: 4731
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I – Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Q.P. Code : 664731
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
I. Essays: (2X20=40)
1. (a) Define high-risk pregnancy and list down the causes
(b) Explain the management of placenta praevia including nursing management
2. Describe the role of a nurse in the first stage of labour.
II. Write Short Notes on: (8X 5 = 40)
1. Foetal circulation
3. Adaptation of new born
4. Placental separation
5. Multiple pregnancies
6. Drugs in labour
7. Amniotic fluid embolism
8. RCH programme.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10X 2 = 20)
1. List two positive signs of pregnancy
3. Physiological anemia
4. Define normal labour
5. Define trial labour
6. HELLP syndrome
7. List four positions of vertex presentation
8. What is Rh Incompatibility?
9. Abnormalities of umbilical cord
10. Warning signs of eclampsia.
* * * * * * *