page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LF 1014] Sub. Code: 4705
B.Sc (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
FIRST YEAR Q.P. Code : 664705
Paper V – Microbiology
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
I. Elaborate on: (2x15=30)
1. Describe the Morphology, Cultural characteristics, Pathogenesis and lab diagnosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
2. Define nosocomial infection. Describe the sources, modes of transmission and prevention of hospital acquired infection.
II. Write Notes on: (5x5=25)
1. Describe the life cycle of malarial parasite.
3. Prophylaxis of polio.
4. Bacterial spores.
5. Contributions of Louis Pasteur.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10x2=20)
1. Give two examples of live vaccines.
2. Name four methods of disposal of biomedical waste.
3. Name two gases used as disinfectant.
4. What is VDRL test?
5. Enumerate two diseases spread through contaminated water.
6. Name four organisms causing UTI.
7. What is zoonoses? Give example.
8. What are the uses of electron microscope?
9. What is candidiasis?
10. Name two dermatophytes.