page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[KW 1014 ] Sub. Code: 4705
B.Sc (Nursing ) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
First Year Q.P. Code : 664705
Paper V – Microbiology
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 marks
Answer All questions.
I. Essays: (2x15=30)
1. Define sterilization and discuss in detail moist heat sterilization.
2. List the organisms causing enteric fever. Discuss in detail the lab diagnosis of typhoid fever.
II. Write Short Notes on : (5x 5 = 25)
1. Biomedical waste management.
2. Transport media.
4. VDRL test.
5. Hepatitis B virus.
III. Short Answer Questions: (10x 2 = 20)
1. Give two important functions of bacterial Pili.
2. Mention two gaseous agents used in disinfection.
3. Mention any two types of filters and their uses.
4. Define cross infection and sub clinical infection.
5. Mention four different chemical methods of sterilization.
6. Mention any two Zoonotic diseases with their causative agent.
7. Mention two skin infections produced by streptococcus pyogenes.
8. Enumerate four killed vaccines.
9. Give two examples of Type IV hypersensitivity.
10. Name two fungal infections common in HIV.
* * * * * * * * * * * *