page view counter
site search engine by freefind
[LK 1024] Sub. Code: 4723
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper III – Mental Health Nursing
Q.P. Code: 664723
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define depression.
b) Discuss in detail the etiology of depression.
c) Discuss the nursing management of a client with depression.
2. a) Define mental health.
b) List the causes of mental illness.
c) State the principles of mental health nursing.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Mental Health Act.
2. Nurse patient relationship.
3. Antipsychotic drugs.
4. Generalized anxiety disorder.
5. Psychiatric emergencies.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Define schizophrenia.
2. Define delusion.
3. Mention four clinical features of mania.
4. Define counseling.
5. Mention four types of mental retardation.
6. Mention any four neurotic disorders.
7. Write any four extra pyramidal symptoms.
8. What is hallucination?
9. What is kleptomania?
* * * * * * * *