page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4723
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper III -
MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
Q.P. Code: 664723
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. a) Define Schizophrenia.
b) List the characteristic features of Schizophrenia.
c) Draw a nursing care plan for a client with Paranoid Schizophrenia.
2. a) Define communication.
b) Explain the techniques of therapeutic communication.
c) Discuss the phases of nurse-patient relationship in detail.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. National mental health programme.
2. Role of the nurses in ECT.
3. Anti-depressive drugs.
4. Nursing management of patient with mania.
5. Future challenges in psychiatric nursing.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. What is repression?
2. Define depression.
3. Define phobia.
4. Mention any four Psychiatric emergencies.
5. What is flight of ideas?
6. What is Post-traumatic stress disorder?
7. Define mental retardation.
8. What is Enuresis?
9. Define circumstantiality.
10.List four types of hallucination.