page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4717
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper II –
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
Q.P. Code : 664717
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Mr. Mani 50 years old male was admitted with diagnosis of diabetes mellitus.
a) Define diabetes mellitus.
b) Discuss the pathophysiology & clinical manifestations of diabetes mellitus.
Mention the methods of management of diabetes mellitus.
c) Draw a nursing care plan for Mr. Mani.
2. Mrs. Kala 48 years old female is admitted with
a) List the types of renal calculi.
b) Mention the clinical manifestations and diagnostic procedures.
c) Write the pre and post operative nursing care plan for renal calculi.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Define Thrombo–Angitis Obliterans.
2. Explain Phantom pain.
3. List the cardio biomarkers.
4. List the types of jaundice.
5. Expand ERCP.
6. List the complications of peritonitis.
7. Classify anemia.
8. Emergency drugs used in OT.
9. List any two immediate post operative complications.
10.Mention two classical signs of hypocalcaemia.