page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4721
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper I –
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING II
Q.P. Code : 664721
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Mr. Ruban is admitted with the diagnosis of Meningitis.
a) Define Meningitis.
b) Explain the etiology and pathophysiology of Meningitis.
c) List down the clinical manifestations of Meningitis.
d) Describe the collaborative management and nursing care for Mr. Ruban.
2. Mrs. Kamala, 60 years old is admitted for Uterine prolapse.
a) List out the types of Uterine prolapse.
b) Discuss the preoperative management of Uterine prolapse.
c) Draw a nursing care plan for this patient who had undergone surgery for Uterine prolapse.
II. Write notes on: (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Peritonsillar abscess.
3. Fluid management for burns.
4. Infection control protocols.
5. Stem cell and Bone marrow transplantation.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Mention four complications for cataract surgery.
2. List any four genito-urinary diseases of elderly.
3. Specify any four surgical management for ear disorders.
4. List out any four special equipments in CCU.
5. Define gene therapy.
6. Mention four occupational disorders.
7. List out any four congenital abnormalities of female reproductive systems.
8. Surgical corrections for refractory errors of eye.
9. Types of Head injury.
10.Types of disasters.