page view counter
site search engine by freefind
Sub. Code: 4722
B.Sc. (Nursing) DEGREE EXAMINATION
(New Regulations for the candidates admitted from 2006-07 onwards)
Paper II –
CHILD HEALTH NURSING
Q.P. Code : 664722
Time : Three hours Maximum : 75 Marks
I. Elaborate on: (2 x 15 = 30)
1. Master Kumar, a 7 year old child is admitted in the paediatric medical ward with
the diagnosis of Rheumatic fever.
a) Define Rheumatic fever and list out the causes.
b) Explain the pathophysiology and clinical features of Rheumatic fever.
c) Describe the medical and nursing management of the child with Rheumatic
2. a) Define growth and development.
b) Enlist principles and factors influencing growth and development.
c) Explain theories of growth and development of an infant.
II. Write notes on : (5 x 5 = 25)
1. Preventive paediatrics.
2. Cleft lip and cleft palate.
3. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
4. Immunization schedule.
5. Rh incompatibility.
III. Short answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Differentiate between Marasmus and Kwashiorkor.
2. Enumerate any four minor disorders of newborn.
3. List down four types of Cerebral palsy.
4. Define Patent Ductus Arteriosus.
5. Enlist the types of fracture among children.
6. Define Hydrocephalus and mention its types.
7. Write any four advantages of Kangaroo Mother Care.
8. List the types of leukemia.
9. Write four trends in paediatric care.
10.Name the primitive reflexes of the new born.